Start With Us
Launch your career development plan by creating an AggieCAREER Manager account. This is New Mexico State University’s online registration system which is used for storing your resume(s) and cover letter(s) to apply for job postings, schedule on-campus interviews, review employers attending a Career Services’ sponsored career/job fair, RSVP for workshops, and access CareerBeam tools.
Career Services provides opportunities with endless resources at your fingertips.
Cooperative Education/Internship Program
Garcia Annex Room 200, (575) 646-4115
Cooperative Education and Internships are experience-based learning for college students through paid employment in practical, curriculum-related work assignments. Opportunities may be available anywhere within the United States. Students are recommended to make a formal advising appointment with a Cooperative Education/Internship program advisor.
Enrolled students may apply for regular, off-campus, or work-study student employment. These positions are usually about 20 hours a week. Postings for these job opportunities are found via AggieCAREER Manager. Create a Job Agent to have job announcements sent directly to you via text or e-mail.
- Freshmen: Explore vast career opportunities and awareness of skills required for current and future employment.
- Sophomore: Discover employers interested in providing work related experience as a co-op, intern, summer, or part-time employee that would enhance your academics in order to gain experience related to your major.
- Junior: Enrich, enhance or continue gaining pre-professional experience to improve employment in your area of interest.
- Senior: Continue searching for employment and report offers as they become available.
Create Your Account
- Go to careerservices.nmsu.edu
- Click on Students under AggieCAREER Manager menu
- Read directions. Select Click here to register!
- Complete step one: Sign registration agreement
- Complete step two: Complete your profile. Click Register and submit profile
- Upload resume in My Account > My Documents
- Create a Job Agent: do a job search and click on Email me New Jobs for this Search
In addition to applying for positions in AggieCAREER Manager, candidates are also encouraged to contact potential employers directly to inquire about employment opportunities.
Career Services provides many resources to assist students with career planning and employment goals. Go to Resources and select Careerbeam or Internships.com to create separate registration profiles.
Internships.com: Develops world class tools and services to enable every student, employer and educator to better understand and optimize the work opportunities of the future.
CareerBeam: Design, manage, and update your resume and cover letter as your career progresses. In addition, conduct research on jobs and career exploration.
Career Fairs and Events: View employers attending career fairs, RSVP for workshops, and find details about employer information sessions.
Employer Directory: Aggie friendly employers
On Campus Interview Appointment
- Log into your AggieCAREER Manager account
- Click on Interview Schedules
- Select date range or type in employer’s name and click on Search, or just click Search to see everything.
- If you meet the employer’s requirements, you will be able to Sign up for an Interview and Submit your resume.
If you are having difficulty scheduling or don’t meet the requirements, contact our staff for assistance.
Cancellation of Interview
As an ambassador for NMSU, your actions affect others. Please cancel interviews 24 hours or more in advance.
For more detailed help, please visit our AggieCAREER Manager Student Help Guide!