“Recruiters are often inundated with job applications, so it’s no surprise that they don’t spend a lot of time carefully reviewing each resume,” says Amanda Augustine, a career expert at TheLadders. “However, none of us expected it to only take only six seconds.”
Learn about the basic types of resumes, how to best market yourself for each position, and how to format each section of your resume to get noticed.
- Identify and utilize relevant knowledge, skills, and abilities throughout resume content.
- Distinguish the benefits of the different resume formats.
- Recognize and prepare content that has visual appeal and meets the 6-second review.
- Identify and prioritize section headings in order of importance
- Create a job target for a specific audience.