Full-time Work – Paperwork due by January 25, 2017.
Part-time (parallel) Work – Paperwork due by March 17, 2017.
NMSU continues to enjoy a national reputation for its Cooperative Education and Internship Program. Student work assignments vary with experiences in business, industry, government, and nonprofit organizations. The Cooperative Education program is a formally recognized educational program designated on a student’s academic transcript, for spring, summer and fall semesters. All students are required to report all full-time and part-time work assignments (Cooperative Education and Internship) to the program office. This includes all work assignments related to a class. Students interested in Cooperative Education and Internships must have an NMSU AggieCAREER Manager account and complete advising session with program coordinator or student advisor.
Eligibility Requirements for the NMSU Cooperative Education and Internship Program:
- Full-time student status (12+ credit hours for undergraduates; 9+ credit hours for graduate students).
- Degree-seeking student with declared major.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 for undergraduates; 3.0 for graduate students.
- Minimum of Sophomore classification (NOTE: Students can apply for Cooperative Education/Internship positions as a Freshman, but cannot participate in work assignment related to major until the completion of 28 or more credit hours.
- Recommendation – students should not complete work assignment during the final semester before graduation.
- Complete registration with Cooperative Education and Internship Program office – AggieCAREER Manager account with current resume and advising session.