Employment Extravaganza is coming March 8, 2017!
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity! See the list of employers attending the fair.
Career Services – What We Do
The Career Services office focuses on providing individual and group programming to aid students in developing a career plan to enter the world of work through student employment, co-op/internship, or full-time employment. The office administers fall and spring career fairs, workshops, an etiquette dinner, and mix and mingle reception training to help students understand the strategies necessary to make connections with employers locally and globally. The individual career advising sessions, workshops and classroom presentations focus on topics such as resume and cover letter writing, interviewing guidance and job search strategies with appropriate resources. Career Services encourages students to begin meeting with the staff early in their college career in order to discuss how to plan and implement their career goals.
Career Services is a department in the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management and is open to all students and alumni without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Career Services adheres to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Conduct for Career Services and Employment Professionals and expects employers and candidates to do the same.
What you can expect from us:
- Professional review of your resume, cover letter, and mock interview
- Registration in our Career Management System called AggieCAREER Manager
- Personal coaching and educational programs on entering the world of work
- Introduction to job search sources, co-op/internships, and on-campus interviews
- Supplemental on-line resources for resume and job search through Career Beam
- Financial Wellness Program
Visit the Career Planning Guide for additional information and don’t forget to
Did You Know?